I turn 32 today, so I thought I would list 32 things I have learned over the years.
1. Toddlers are irrational when they don’t have food or a nap, you might as well give in and not push them.
2. Music makes everything better
3. Don’t put off till tomorrow what could be done today.
4. You will never look back at your life and wish you would have spent more time working.
5. Raising kids is the most important job you will ever do, and the hardest.
6. Change the oil in your car regularly, it will save money on repairs.
7. Kids and dogs naturally know when you are trying to talk on the phone and will do everything in their power to annoy you while you do it.
8. If you wait until dinner time to decide what you are going to make for dinner you will end up eating out.
9. Debt is bad and causes stress, just say not to debt.
10. Take at least 5 minutes to do something for yourself everyday.
11. Nap when the baby naps.
12. Having more than 2 kids makes people think you are weird and look at you in the grocery store.
13. Don’t save your favorite outfits for special occasions, you will never wear them. Just wear what you like everyday, it will make you feel better about yourself.
14. Clothes don’t make the man, but they sure do make you feel better about yourself. Even if you aren’t going anywhere and just chasing kids all day, get out of the sweats and you will have a better day.
15. Believe the best of your spouse, no matter what they have done.
16. Forgive easily when asked.
17. Food really is the way to most men and boys hearts.
18. When facing a crisis, ask yourself, “will this matter in 5 years?”. If not, then don’t worry about it, just let it go.
19. Worry is a sin. It is a way of telling God you don’t need HIm and you can handle your life on your own.
20. If you have a dream, pursue it. Either it will work out or it won’t but either way, at least you won’t have regrets from not trying.
21. Pray continually, about everything.
22. Nothing is as bad in the morning as it seems in the middle of the night.
23. Think before you speak.
24. Speak less and listen more.
25. You don’t need as much stuff as you think you do.
26. There is no greater investment of time and money than people.
27. You never can have too many diapers.
28. When you are in the middle of nowhere someone will have a diaper blow out.
29. Take time to do things with your family and the people you love, there is no better way to spend your time.
30. Call your mom at least once a month.
31. Time goes by way too fast, enjoy the moments you have today.
32. Keep learning, you are never too old to learn something new.